'What if?' Metropolis Reflective Statement.

Throughout the 'What if?' Metropolis project, I have found areas of the modelling to be quite difficult in terms of forming the correct shapes to match that of  the orthographs I had previously drawn out for the model. This due to there being a lot of organic shapes within my buildings infrastructure,  which then I found caused problems when it came to UV-ing the models as some had 'non-manifold geometry', meaning it couldn't be unfolded easily; meaning I then had to go back and clean up the mesh so that the UV's could be unfolded accordingly.

In addition to this I feel slightly more confident in modeling in Maya, as before I had never digitally 3D modeled anything. so I am pleased with the outcome produced since this way of working is all new to me. In future however I will consider looking at more complex textures, as at the moment within my current scene I find it lacks that extra bit of depth and dimension, this due to not allowing myself that extra bit of time to get more definitive textures laid out for the model; so will need to look at managing my time more efficiently to then achieve a better quality work output.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Lecture Series #3 - Structural Theories & Storytelling + Film Review.

Alien (1979) - Film Review.