From Script to Screen - Reflective Statement.

For this project I found planning out my time effectively could have been better manged, as when I first got my 3 prompts I was a bit stumped for ideas and where to go from there with the story's key elements provided. With further research into my 3 prompts I found that I could set my story around the 1930s to the 1950s time period, which would allow me to mediate between old fashioned circus culture and more modern day technologies. 

With this project I also found it hard get an interesting plot line for the viewer to follow as I needed to find that 'cause and affect' within my first few story concepts, but still keep the light and comic attitude I was aiming for within my pre-vis. With the outcome I have produced I feel that I have embodied at least some of these aspects into the 2 minute clip. 

Since this was the first major bit of animation I have done with Maya, I found I stuck quiet closely to my storyboard with some slight difference's. With parts of the story either being cut or missed out due to not allowing myself enough time to animate in Maya and edit the clips together. Looking forward I would look to refine some of the movements of the Ringmaster and props as in parts it is a bit unsteady or doesn't link up. For future projects I will also have to reconsider how I prioritize my spare time to make the most of researching ideas and forming coherent storylines, characters and sets relating to when the story is to be set.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Lecture Series #3 - Structural Theories & Storytelling + Film Review.

Alien (1979) - Film Review.