Toolkit 1: Animation - Submission.



Animation for posts click here.

Reflective Statement:

From completing the animated exercises, I found my understanding of movement within a 2D animation to be easily transferred to a 3D animation in Maya. Through this part of the project I found myself creating longer short animated clips to what I had originally played around with on paper with flip books before my time on the course. At first, I found it hard to adjust to working digitally whilst repeating the same drawing; but at a new position each time, since it was a new program for me to learn - despite how similar it is to the other adobe drawing and editing programs – however I had found it to be useful in sense that it got me to draw out the keyframes and look at how to implement emphasis and character to the short clips I created, in order to get to further grips with how amination works ‘behind the scenes’ to see what goes into creating a successful movement within an animated clip; as seen with the bouncing ball characters and the walk sequence at the end of the show reel. Going forward I can look to further my understanding of the 12 principles of animation and where best to implement those features to best suit the desired outcome I am aiming for, additionally I can also look to use the program within compositing the scenes exported from Maya as an added effect if the desired effect can’t be met in after effects.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Lecture Series #3 - Structural Theories & Storytelling + Film Review.

Alien (1979) - Film Review.