Toolkit 1: Life Drawing. - Submission.



Life Drawing posts, click here
Reflective Statement:

Coming from a drawing background I felt comfortable in this part of the toolkit project as in past projects I traditionally worked with physical medias to create my works. I had played around with digital painting before hand and have found through the drawing exercises the way I paint digitally has improved in comparison to where I was before. I have also found that my physical drawing has gotten better from observing things in person and drawing them from real life, in contrast to just copying an image off the internet. This especially in areas that consist of drawing the human form in proportion, although in some case I lost the correct proportions, I still managed to learn from that to help build mussel memory to drawing the not only the human form but other subjects as well. In addition to this, through repetitive drawing exercises it allowed me to loosen up the way I draw slightly so that some lines are either smoother and more fluid or sketchier and more feathered which helps for when it comes to digital drawing. During the course of this project there was also opportunities to have sketch jams where I could broaden my creativity in terms of character designs and creating interesting creatures from mixing different animals together. Moving forward I will look to continue to build and strengthen these skills both digitally and physically to better the fluidity of my drawing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Lecture Series #3 - Structural Theories & Storytelling + Film Review.

Alien (1979) - Film Review.