Premise: Initial Propaganda Poster Designs.

Moving forward with designs for the environment I am creating, I looked at developing some propaganda posters for the Science Lab and The Anti-Nuclear Regime (the ANR). For this I looked at a lot of Soviet space propaganda that was around in the 1950-60s where new developments in space travel were just becoming known. Here I also looked at the types of propaganda that we against the Atomic Bomb and used the tension and drama each poster embodied to fuel my ideas for The ANR campaign designs; aiming for a dark apocalyptic mood to in still fear in society.

On the other end of the spectrum, for the Science Lab I looked at creating a lighter mood it it's ANR counter part. With this I looked more at science propaganda that emboldened and encouraged science, as well as looked at conservation posters to combine with the science theme and support what the Lab does (environmental research and conservation).

Premise: Propaganda Visual ... by Jasmine Masters


Below are some of the initial design outlines for the propaganda posters with colour swatches to give an idea of the type of colour schemes I will be planning to use. so for the Science Lab I intend to go for a more neutral colour pallet with pops of colour in inject energy into the design and convey a form of life in each design with the addition of green plants, flora and fauna. For The ANR I plan to use more acid bright tones with the addition of some reds and blacks to make the brighter colours stand out and contrast to draw attention to the dark foreboding mood I am trying to set for The ANR.

Science Lab Propaganda Designs.

The Anti-Nuclear Regime Propaganda Designs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Lecture Series #3 - Structural Theories & Storytelling + Film Review.

Alien (1979) - Film Review.