Minor: Reflective Statement.


Going into Minor felt a bit daunting knowing the amount of work I had to first refine and build on before I could go any further. But at the same time, I was looking forward to the prospects of what I would be creating and looking to what the outcome would look like once complete.

Moving on from Premise I found there was design work that needed to be added to help form and establish the world I’m trying to create, this included rounding off the set concepts, shop fronts and Drone designs. With this I felt I couldn’t move onto actually making and modelling my world if these aspects weren’t established first, so I took the time to ensure the foundations I was building were solid enough before I moved forward. When I began modelling for Pre-Vis, I tried to incorporate key details into the sets to give as much visual understanding of the town and its surroundings as much as possible; going forward I intend to use aspects from my Pre-Vis town through to the Lab Deck in Major; where I intend to build on those current foundation pieces and expand on them (whether that be in geometry or adding new props to bolster the scenes). Here I also found scale and sizing to be a struggle in getting everything to line up and all scaled accordingly, moving forward I intend to fix this so that all the individual sets all line up and are scaled correctly when placed together.

Despite some the setbacks from missing design work from premise, I felt within Minor it has allowed me to grow and explore technical drawing further through the set and shop front concepts. Alongside this I feel that within this project it has also pushed my modelling capabilities in creating both organic and hard surface models; as seen in the Pre-Vis sets with the building structures in the street and elements seen on the drone models (arms in particular).

Looking forward; I am up for the challenges the Major will bring with having to rig and skin the arms for Drone 2, as well as all the final modelling, texturing and lighting yet to come for each set to really bring the environments to life that the drones will explore together with the audience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Lecture Series #3 - Structural Theories & Storytelling + Film Review.

Alien (1979) - Film Review.