Intro to Storyboarding 101.

For this task I looked into story boarding the different angles that can be used to create a scene. To start with I looked at taking a pre-exisiting scene and looked at altering the camera angles and movement to get a different feel to the shot.





Within this exercise I had to storyboard a scene using pre-existing film camera shots based in a restaurant or diner. For this I looked to create a converstion between two people that started out fun and flirty; but as soon as the male character starts eating, the female protagonist is shocked. The lead male becomes aware of her staring and stps mid-chew, the female lead soon joins in and the atmosphere is light a fun again.



Exercise 3:
From there I then stared to create a 'Like-for-Like' storyboard; which is where you use a pre-existing piece of film or footage and plan out the scenes, actions, camera shots, and the different takes for the film. Using the clip from above I started to map out the flow of the scene and it's key keyframes.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Lecture Series #3 - Structural Theories & Storytelling + Film Review.

Alien (1979) - Film Review.