Collaboration Project: Reflective Statement.

For this collaboration project it was my role to try and organize the running of the overall group and trying to delegate tasks out for the group; trying my best to do so that it played to their strengths. From the time we got the email to find out who was in our group, straight away I sent an email out to everyone to try and get a kick start on designing the blog, which Kim kindly set up and put our graphic ideas together, Saskya with her illustrations for the logo and the 88 part of the title, Jess with the spelling of the studio name from the chameleon original spelling I came up with and me with laying out the logo into the format you see on the blog from Saskya's designs. - This I found to be a good warm up exercise before we came back as it allowed us to get a feel for each other’s work ethic and technical style, which I found useful for when it came to delegating tasks. Come the end I found the group as a whole worked together to get final decisions made; we constantly tried to set up meetings weekly (with the addition of the session on Wednesday afternoon) to get a better understanding of where we were at in terms of the project work as we went through out the weeks. 

For this project I helped with the skit ideas and general flow of the skits with the additions of texturing /rigging moom jr/sr, creating their assets, helping to animate and editing the bellhop skit together, as originally that was the skit I was assigned to until Kim jumped in, as we dropped the video store skit to spend more time on just the 3 skits to prefect them. I have tried to drive the project as best I could to its final outcome, making sure everything was done to a reasonable time, trying to set weekly check in dates for when we need / aim roughly to have work done by. I feel I have conducted myself in a professional manner to the best of my ability and feel that as director I was able to execute the required plans to help organize the group with the help of Kim to set up meeting times that were suitable for everyone.

Over the course of the project, we as a team have been working from home due to the current pandemic and the reduce hours allotted to us for in person teaching; meaning there was no suitable time during the week to meet in person and work on the project together and use the facilities provided for us to produce work; this lead to us having to work with the technology we had available to us at home to get work done. With this I know we hit some road blocks with having technical difficulties; causing work to be lost when our home systems crashed, despite this I feel we have still been able to  produce work to a standard that demonstrates our ideas, skill level and conveys the tone/mood we were going for (1980's vibe). 

I have found it has been a joy to work with the girls on this project and found we didn't have any major arguments only minor disagreements of what we were doing and found we got along well. I am glad to have worked with such an understanding group of people who have worked hard to produce the level of work they have even if it wasn't easy at times since we were all purely working from home and could only really communicate clearly via online messages and calls on teams.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Lecture Series #3 - Structural Theories & Storytelling + Film Review.

Alien (1979) - Film Review.