Introduction to Premise.

To kick start the new premise project I began by looking at the brief to see what is required for this new project. Through reading the criteria, I will be looking at the pre-production stages for creating an animated short. This will entail looking at story ideas, concept designs, world building and production designs.

Premise Brief by Jasmine Masters

For my Premise, initially I feel unsure on the direction I should take my ideas. From looking looking at animated shorts and the stylistic choices I wish to follow, I feel that I need to choose a storyline that suits the aesthetics I am aiming for. This being that of a silhouette, dark Vs light concept.

Mind Mapping ideas:


With the above mentioned ideas, I started to think of rough story outlines for my premise proposals. 

With my second idea I thought of how narrated stories tend to work quite well with this silhouette aesthetic; which brought me onto looking at folklore stories. With these stories I find there is always a dark undertone, but also teaches life lessons which I found to be an interesting facet. (Some folklore stories can be seen below)

Story Outline Ideas:



Folklore Tales: For Premise. by Jasmine Masters


In terms of finding a set direction to take premise I feel I have a long way to go yet, but with further research and discussion I will hopefully be able to narrow down my ideas to something I am happy with and build on to create a complete outcome..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Lecture Series #3 - Structural Theories & Storytelling + Film Review.

Alien (1979) - Film Review.