Initial Drone Design.

Taking on board the changes I wish to make when filming my short (see here), I begun to design some potential drone concepts that I could then take forward into a 3D space. 

Drone Mindmap.
With the drone I wanted it to be small and compact with a way to move about; either with turbines or wings and to have some sort of camera/screen to view it's surroundings, as well as have some sort of extendable arm to be able to move/nudge things. To begin with I began by creating random shapes and then using those to from the base shape of the drone.


From there I picked the three I liked and then begun to further develop those designs, combining different aspects/ features from all three of the initial designs.


Then I repeated this process to create a further six ideas. With this I found the top row of drone designs to hold the small and compact look I am after, but find I will have to further develop where the extend able arm will be placed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Lecture Series #3 - Structural Theories & Storytelling + Film Review.

Alien (1979) - Film Review.