Reviewing 3D Pre-Vis from Premise.

Progressing on with the Minor project and reviewing my Premise work, I've gone back to my previous 3D Pre-Vis I created in Premise and have begun to better plan out the camera flow and the set layouts I intend to use in my final film. This included going back and considering how the cameras (in this case a drone) will move around the scene and capture the story I'm trying to create.

In my initial Pre-Vis in Premise I moved the camera around the scenes to illustrate the direction in which I wanted my short to be filmed, however looking back on my pervious work I found the camera movements to be too erratic and fast paced in some places; creating more of a fly through the set rather than tell a story. 
    To help reduce the fast paced camera movements I plan to work in a second camera, as well as have at least one drone visible within the scenes to help direct the camera movement/audiences attention within the scene and to help add a bit more interest for the viewer.

New 3D Pre-Vis Plan:

Reviewing Premise 3D Pre-Vi... by Jasmine Masters


Lab Tower Redesign:

Taking into account the new planned camera flow for the next Pre-Vis, I looked at redesigning my Lab Building to make it easier to direct the camera around the interior and to further help cut down the camera movement within the Lab. This consisted of moving the Lab Tower to the back of the building, creating a hallway to the tower; here I decided to remove the inner walls of the generator room and replace them with glass paneling so the drones can see into the room without having to actually have to go in (see Generator Hallway Concept for clarity).


Generator Hallway Concept.

Set Plans: 

I reconsidered my set plans and how the sets are going on be built. Here I intend to have 3 sets as illustrated below: 1. For the Main Street with the Lab building as a background prop. 2. For the Lab Building, but only the exterior. 3. The Generator hallway with the Lab Tower staircase and Lab Deck in tow.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Lecture Series #3 - Structural Theories & Storytelling + Film Review.

Alien (1979) - Film Review.