Week 1: Action Arcs - Moom Action Poses.

To kick off the Toolkit 2 Project; I was given the task of selecting 5 Action Poses to then translate to the provided character Moom. By doing this task it enabled me to start to understand the complexity of character movement in Maya and the correct positioning of limbs and body rotations in the viewport. 

Through doing this exercise it made me look for the line of action within the pose and then think how to best translate the motion and weight from the image to a 3D character. Below are my attempts at recreating those poses through Moom. I found there were some limitations with the Moom rig in terms of getting certain angles and positions as the rig can only stretch and twist so far before it 'breaks' and the angles look unnatural and false, but I tried to overcome this by finding those limits and  trying not to go beyond them so the character was over stretching/twisting.

Poses 1 to 5.

Pose 1.

Pose 2.

Pose 3.

Pose 4.

Pose 5.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Lecture Series #3 - Structural Theories & Storytelling + Film Review.

Alien (1979) - Film Review.