Working outside of lessons, I've been working my way through the CG Artist's Toolkit's Lighting and Rendering 1: Arnold Pt2 . Below is what I have completed so far.
Today we looked at archetypes and storytelling and how that then feeds into the types of characters we see on screen in films we watch. What is an Archetype? Archetype is example of a certain person or thing that typically describes their role in a cinematic. Originally derived from Carl Jung’s theory that states “the archetypes represent universal patterns and images that are part of the collective unconscious.” (Cherry, 2020) and he believed that these archetypes are ‘inherited’ in a similar ‘way [to how we] inherit instinctive patterns of behavior.’ (Cherry, 2020). Jung goes into depth about these archetypes in his book; The Archetypes and the Collective Unconscious, within this Jung explores the idea that “archetypes are patterns that repeat themselves in the collective unconscious of human beings. This could be in the form of dreams, stories, art, or even in myths” (Figueroba, n.d.) meaning that these archetypes are thought of in the persons collective unconscious (psyc...
Using my existing concept work , I began to create a script to work from for the 2D Animatic. Making sure to note key characters, assets and locations. With this I also Created 'Camera Profiles' to help envision and understand the characters living in this world I am creating. Script: Premise Script V3 by Jasmine Masters Camera Profiles: Premise: Camera Profiles by Jasmine Masters on Scribd I then moved on to creating my storyboards with the use of the script to help inform what's going to be in each shot. (camera directions are in red) . Storyboards: With the storyboard complete I then moved onto creating the animatic in Premiere Pro. Animatic:
Comments
Post a Comment